A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Friday, April 4, 2008

"Anti-Semitism" by Shinji

So these days the thing everyone does to insult something, be it human, animal, or even an inanimate object, is call it a Jew. You don't call someone an idiot anymore, no, you call them a Jew. Your lawnmower break down? It's Jewish. This really gets me pissed off. Now first thing's first - what's wrong with Jews? Jewish people haven't done anything to you or anyone else; they're totally innocent people. So why do we say such anti-Semitic comments? There are more and more Jew hating jokes being made up daily, and there's no reason for it. It goes to show you that mini-Hitlers are popping up left and right these days. I'm not saying target another religion for insults, I'm saying cut out the insults that target a race, religion, gender, etc. General insults like calling someone an idiot is acceptable because it doesn't make fun of any race or religion or gender or (insert specific target here). So why don't we cut out the unnecessary anti-Semitism in our everyday speech and focus more on uniting religions, cultures, and the like instead of dividing them even more? To me it sounds like a good plan, and I'm gonna keep sticking with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totaly agree with you Shinji it is geting really bad and if we dont stop, it might get really horible.

Anonymous said...

Right on logan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!