A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Monday, April 7, 2008

"Choices" by G.

Of course we all know about choices...we make them everyday. Obviously you made a choice to take a peek at this blog. Maybe you made a choice on whether to eat that greasy hamburger or a small salad for lunch today. Choices are everywhere, and effect everything. Choice is one of the powers that distinguishes us as human. But I'm not here to talk about your food choices or which candidate you like or if you would rather walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Those are minor choices; they will not significantly impact you in the long-term. Let's talk about bigger choices shall we? Like what a guy wants to do after high school. What a person wants to do with their life. Whether they choose to attempt to get a college education or not. Important choices that take alot of thought and a little bit of dreaming. Most Important Choices have two things in common; they require you to change and to give a crapload of effort toward your goal. Goals. Goals and Choices are two things that are intertwined. Because a person will not go toward reaching a goal unless deep inside they choose to attempt it. So I lead to my final point. A Choice is a gateway. A hopefully one way plane ticket to begin the journey to your goals. A person can work toward something but if they didn't really choose to do it and they don't care enough about it then their heart won't truly be in it. So, what do you want to do today? Time to make a choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very true G. I couldn't of said it better myself.

G. said...

Hey thanks! And a big thank you to you for reading our blog; we are going to try to update more often.