A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Conformity" by Shinji

Nowadays everyone conforms and everyone follows the same trends. Why is this? Could it be because the media sets the standards of how everyone should look and act? And then again, we are also to blame for obeying and following the media. Of course, once a few people follow the media, they can use peer pressure to force everyone else to conform. The way I see it, everyone is turning into mindless drones. People should follow their own path (or even make a new one!). Everyone's losing their individuality; I say we reclaim it for ourselves. Just because everyone is into one look, it doesn't mean you can't dress your own way. Listen to your own music. Buy your own stuff. Become your own person, not a clone created by the media.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to show this to my brother Shinji. He was forced by peer presure into listening to specific music and wearing specific cloths and now he is trying to force me to do that two. It really a horible thing that people are falling into and we need to break out of it.