A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Friday, April 18, 2008

"Meditation" by G.

Today I decided to switch gears a little and talk about something different; Meditation. Meditation is a excellent practice that not only calms you but lets the stress melt away too. Now when some people think of Meditation, they might picture some holy monk floating five feet above the ground in some cave in the mountains. I mean, really, Meditation is a extremely simple thing to do. Find a nice, comfy little spot with no distractions. While people usually sit cross-legged, you should just sit or lie down in whatever way you feel comfortable with. Then comes the part that some people might have trouble with, clearing your mind. I know that we all have our worries and thoughts zip zapping their way through our stressed heads, but hey, it's just for a short while. And I'm sure they will all be there when we come back from our happy place. Anyways, it takes practice, but just try to make your mind go blank as best as you can. Begin to slowly breathe, inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Finally, pick one, and I mean one, peaceful thing to focus on while you are peacefully Meditating. I prefer to think of slowly flowing water in a stream, but people have their preferences. Just sit there for 10-15 minutes, slowly breathing in and out, and thinking only of the one peaceful thing you chose. When you are done, you will feel extremely relaxed, both mentally and physically. So instead of watching mindless television or trying to throw paper airplanes into the wastebasket, just take a little bit of time and just relax. I promise, hopefully, that your gonna feel hella better afterwards.

No comments: