A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Music" by G.

Music is a beautiful thing. It touches your mind and your soul. It can completely change your mood. And sometimes it has the power to inspire. Music has been part of the human culture for centuries; almost as if the sounds were built into us. A article at Psychology Today; a interview with a professor of neurobiology, suggests that music is actually part of our genes. It is noted that music has a definite influence on our brain. I know what when I'm feeling down or I just need some peace, music is always like a soothing balm for my mind. If there was something you wanted to do, but just couldn't make yourself get out of the slump, music can motivate you do that. I just think that everyone on this planet should have the opportunity to listen and create music. A Time Magazine article also states that people who suffer from Alzheimer's Disease respond better to music; it has a calming effect. Some Alzheimer's Patients can actually still play music even after they have forgotten many other things. Music truly does have a therapeutic effect. So hey, you just keep listening to that I-Pod of yours; careful though, don't blast out your eardrums by playing it too loud. I really wouldn't like to see anyone go deaf because of that. But enjoy your music, whatever kind it is. Music really does make the world and the people in it a bit saner and calmer, even if it is just for a little while.

No comments: