A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Sunday, May 25, 2008

"Absolution" by Sir

We all sin... Well, ok, some of us don't, but hey, we all commit some bad action in our life at least once, no doubt. Even without noticing, if we don't mean it or are forced to do it. But that's not the point. My point is to talk about Absolution. Now, just to be sure you fully get my post, Absolution is when you are redeemed for your crimes and sins. It was used before by church mostly but now the term is more commonly used. But I digress.

Now, have you ever dreamt of having all your bad choices absolved? Everything just being back to normal, every problem solved, and having no stress left? You know that's possible. It really is if you put your mind to it and you do the good things. I mean hey, some stuff can't ever be repaired, and you have to pay for it some way... but in my opinion, one shouldn't always go full frontal and just bash in the first random idea he gets and think "Hey, people will think I'm good now that I helped that old lady cross the street or spent time in prison". No. That's our society's point of view. Some people would do ANYTHING to be "redeemed".

My point of view, however, is that we have to be careful. Most people think that if we do something bad, we can just do something good and be pardoned. Of course it could work that way, but not always.
The point of this post is, in the end, just one huge workaround to get you guys to think before doing something. And if you do something bad, don't just be selfish and do some little good actions just to be pardoned. You have to mean it. Absolution is possible, although it's not always the solution.

Now that you have this in mind, and that you're probably left with a gaping jaw from my awesome rhyme, take some time to think about it and if you have any contestation or ideas about this, leave a comment and maybe we can discuss?

By the way, I know this is kinda long, and spaced up, but hey, what can I say, I'm new here and I love the Enter key!

No comments: