A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Adventure" by G.


My vision is a bit groggy. I slowly open my eyes and witness the glowing red numbers of the clock staring me in the face. The beginning of another day. Will it be much different than the others? Probably not. Time to go though the same boring routine once again.
I think something is wrong here. Well not something wrong, something missing. Something that we humans need very much. We go through our routines, suffer endless boredom once in awhile. Sometimes we wonder, what is it that we are supposed to do? You know what we need? A adventure. And not just a trip to Hawaii or something; that's not a adventure. A adventure is a journey. A journey through uncharted lands. A journey that leads you too wonderful far-away places. Sometimes I wish I could have been around during the Medieval Times or during the explorations of Columbus. The world was a much, much bigger place back then; much of it was unexplored. Obviously the world today has been mostly explored and is connected like ever before. Maybe its time for us to move toward the next frontier; space. Maybe in a few decades I can sneak on board a shuttle and fly to Mars or something awesome like that. Anyways, once in awhile, we need to just let everything go, walk outside, and go wherever you feel like. Hey, maybe one day, you'll buy a lotto ticket and win a million bucks. Then you can go on all sorts of crazy adventures. Until then, all I can do is think and read about it. They say life is supposed to be a adventure. It looks like we are gonna have to make our own.

1 comment:

Tamal Anwar said...

I liked the topic you wrote, very much mature and constructive. By the way, you should change your template into a bright one. It tires my eyes to read from a dark background.

http://blog-success.blogspot.com