A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Monday, May 26, 2008

"Memorial Day" by G.


Today is Memorial Day in the United States. To some it may just be another holiday. But I think it deserves some observance. Memorial Day was created in the honor of all the brave men and women who have died protecting the freedoms that we hold dear. I may not have been born here, but I love this country very much. There are good things and bad things, but one that that has stood absolute throughout the history of the United States is the idea of freedom. I will always be grateful for the strong souls who put their lives on the line to defend the people. War is wrong, but it is still a unfortunate reality. People can have whatever opinions they want on wars and conflicts, but they shouldn't put down the soldiers. So to all the brave warriors of past and present times, I give my humble thanks. One day, humanity will gain enough wisdom to finally put a end to the pain and suffering caused by war.

1 comment:

Sir said...

Yeah... Those soldiers deserved something for what they've done... We all know War is Hell... and we wouldn't want to be in it for anything.

I give my thanks to them as well.