A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Momentum" by Scythe

What were you doing an hour ago? Is it relevant to what you are planning to do and hour from now? If you are like most people, the answer to this is no in most cases, not that there's a problem with that, but when you are trying to accomplish something, it's easy to let small setbacks discourage you if you haven't built up enough momentum to carry out things. Even when you have the momentum you think you'll need to be able to see things through, if you are not proactive about achieving your goals, you are going to end up letting more slip through the cracks than you ever imagined you would. I have had a decent share of this in my relatively short time here in this world, and I acknowledge that there will be at least a few more times where I begin a task only to regret never finishing it at some point in the future. The point is, try to complete the tasks that you start since there probably was a reason that you started them in the first place although it may not be as clear to you now. The satisfaction that you will feel from completion is often worth the effort.

1 comment:

Sir said...

I second that. And I should know.

Without momentum, you can't always get very far, and people forget the key ingredient to helping maintaining it : Putting your heart in whatever project you're doing.

But hey, don't let this get to your attention, and get back to work! :)