A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Saturday, May 10, 2008

"So you wanna be somebody?" by G.

Well do you? Do you want to be important? Do you want everyone you see to recognize you as you pass by? Sometimes we feel like just a blip on the radar. A single crouton in the salad. Just a blade of grass in the field. Some people are happy with that; life is definitely more peaceful that way. But many others want something more. What do they want? Well, they don't really know. But they know that something, something, is missing from their lives. We want to think that we can do something more. That we are meant to do something more. But hey, what do we really mean by that? Do we want more money? Do you want to be head CEO of Acme Incorporated? Care to be ambassador to Bongofantasia? Maybe some people want these things. I think there is a deeper meaning to having the desire to be more than what you are. Many of our lives have become a dreadful routine. Day in and day out, its the same thing. I ask myself a lot; what is the meaning of life? If there has to be one, I doubt the definition includes becoming a mindless robot. So we dream. We dream about what we could have; what we might be. And sadly, thats how many people will live. Just work for many long years, content with just... dreaming. Well guess what? Maybe I wanna be somebody? Maybe I wanna stick it to the man? Maybe I will jump off an airplane and fly like a bird. Somewhere, in all of our minds, is a image of ourselves. Our ideal selves. When we say we wanna be "something more", we really crave to become that ideal self that we idolize so very much. So please. Don't let life just pass by. All you really know for certain is that you are living this one life, right now. One day, that ideal image just sitting in your head? Your going to become that. It will no longer be a image; it will be reality. If you work at it, and realize that we are all capable, it will happen. I know this has been said time and time again, but the truth of the thing is quite real. How to become that ideal person; that is up to you. But if you at least try, try to become better than you are, then you have something to be proud of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The real key is making the decision. You have to decide to do something anything - it is ok to get it wrong - so few people get it right the first time around - but you have to do it - and keep at it - and you will be better than you ever imagined. But - it all starts with a decision!

Benny
www.ya-ttitude.com

Nicole said...

This post really got me thinking, I'm a very big dreamer. Sometimes I get so lost in my dreams when really all I need is give myself a little kick and get going. Do something, do anything, make my dreams become real. Make myself become that person that I aspire to be. This was a great post and not just this one, all of them. You have my brain working over-time and that is wonderful =)