A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Warfare" by G.

War. The term coined to mean the destruction of one human being by another. Why? So many reasons. Most of them idiotic. But one thing that I do want to make clear now is that idea of "World Peace" is very, very far away. When thinking about Warfare, it is easy to get carried away with dreams like Everlasting Peace and No Armies and all that good stuff. As long as there are superpowers, rare natural resources, or nuclear weapons, Warfare will always have a place somewhere.

So, why do we fight? I hope it's a good reason. I believe that people fighting for their freedom are justified. But when two countries are trying to conduct Diplomacy, and one of them suddenly perceives the other as a threat, things can get heated. But you know what? Warfare has trashed this planet. It has trashed the minds of the brave soldiers who are commanded by their superiors into the fray. There is something deeply psychological about war. And it saddens me that we continue to fight with our other fellow humans when the biggest enemy is inside us already. Our own minds. Because really, in the end, that's where all the hate springs forth. Human beings need to take back control of their minds and their selves. And that just might be the hardest battle of all.

No comments: