A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Denial" by G.

What is with people and denying every bad thing that happens in life? Oh I'm in major debt....LET'S BUY A YACHT! I saw my wife kissing that dude down the street... BUT SHE LOVES ME. Ladies and Gentlemen, it is high time to get a grip on yourselves. Now I hear some people say that some denial is healthy. And they are right. "Some" being the key word. If we had to face every single itty bitty problem in our lives at once, your brain's CPU might overheat. But it would be wise not to take that over the deep end. I know that some of our problems may seem like giant hairy monsters that cannot be overcome. But you know what... sometimes we need to grab our clippers and shave that sucker. Denial is something like a temporary Band-Aid. But it delays the inevitable. We can't always do what is convenient for our oh so delicate feelings. Burn that cloak of denial when neccesary. And take down your problems head on.

6 comments:

mantiz said...

nice post.
Right you are, sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to be honest and deal with it head on. I just wish everyone realized that *sigh

G. said...

Thanks Mantiz. I may have been a little harsh about this in the post lol. People have different thresholds of tolerance for stress and pain. Sometimes denial can help ease unnecessary stress so people can go on to deal with the problem later. But yeah, alot of people just take that to heart and NEVER deal with anything.

mantiz said...

lol right, maybe so. but it really freaks me out whenever someone is not being honest with me. Maybe it's me who needs treatment. In fact, someone actually told me once that i have a serious attitude problem lol.

G. said...

Eh... I don't expect people to be perfect lol. I think there's always someone in the world who's gonna think we have a attitude problem xD.

Anonymous said...

It is one of the most popular ego defenses. Along the lines, "if I deny it long and hard enough, then it doesn't exist". But I'd rather have denial than displacement, where people take out their frustrations on somebody else.

Great post, by the way ; )

G. said...

Well I suppose your right Arash, but I would rather have neither xD. Thanks for your approval of my post heh heh.