A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Enemies" by G.

Enemies... they aren't very nice are they? And I'm sure many people supposedly have them. But you see, enemies are extremely useful. In fact, they can actually turn out to be more helpful than your friends sometimes. Enemies can reveal things about you that we sometimes choose to deny. But why wouldn't your friends do the same? Well...

I don't know what event or misunderstanding happened to make someone your enemy, or just someone you dislike. But enemies are always eager to point out your flaws, something that most friends wouldn't do. It was once said that we keep other people's flaws in a bag in front of us, and our own flaws in a bag behind us; where we can't see them. But because your enemies highlight your flaws, you now know what they are and you can attempt to fix them.

You can also learn much from your enemies, if you can learn to get past your own pride and accept the views of others. They can show your flaws and problems like no other. You can also see their own and know what traits to avoid. But one thing that many tend to think is that just because someone is a enemy, they are automatically "bad". People have their strengths and weaknesses, and you can learn just as much from their strengths as from their weaknesses. Learn to appreciate the good in everyone, including people you would consider an "enemy".

So like they say, the enemy is the greatest teacher, and it's true to the core. And who knows? Maybe one day you will reconcile with whoever this person is. And from a great enemy you could make a even greater friend. It happens. But regardless, there is much to learn from everyone, especially the ones you dislike.

Your comments are welcome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! HEY! Guess who this is??? Just guess, silly face. You'll never get it.

I really like this one... unfortunately I have no enemies (that I know of...)to point out the flaws, except for my sister who tells me them anyway. :P

Maybe I need to go out and make some enemies...

G. said...

Haha I'm not saying people should make them on purpose XD. But since many people have people that they, um... dislike, they can take something positive from that experience.

Anonymous said...

That was bloody fantastic. You really are a talented writer. There's nooo way the men in white jackets can drag you away. This is genius. -Megs

G. said...

Haha thanks for the kind words. But what if the men in green jackets come instead :(

Meka said...

This was another great post. I had to sit and think for a while after this one. I will Digg or bookmark this post because a lot of people need to read this because we all have enemies.

G. said...

Thanks again Meka; I really appreciate it!