A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Monday, August 25, 2008

"Stop the Hate" by Shinji


Hate is beginning to consume our society. Yes, many are beginning to see the light and love more, myself included, but due to recent events my opinion that more and more hate is filling the world is strengthening. Recently Osama Bin Laden has threatened Canadians directly, saying something along the lines that we are going to be in danger if we do not withdraw our forces from the middle east. As much as I don't like them there in the first place, this is not good. I honestly do not understand why everyone can't just stop the war and make peace. But here it is, the hatred of Osama striking fear into the hearts of Canadians as well as Americans, not to mention the rest of the world. I, for one, know that Osama doing this is just going to bring on more hate. Since he said that, I have heard more and more people declare more and more hatred for people of Arab descent. This mindless, unnecessary violence needs to stop. The hate in the world can not go on, for if it does, I fear World War 3 will begin, which could threaten the existence of our society as we know it. I'm speaking out as a Canadian who wishes for the violence to end. I am sure many of you are very patriotic and see the Arabs as our enemy. I am patriotic to my country, and by no means am I showing cowardice. I am just fed up with the hate and violence sweeping the world and corrupting the minds of children. How do you think Arab children see Americans and Canadians? I'm sure they're scared of them. What would you think of if you saw a lot of men in uniforms shooting guns at your people in your country? Maybe I am wrong, maybe they see Americans and Canadians as their saviors from the Taliban. Quite simply, I cannot answer that. All I can answer is that no child should have to grow up in a war-torn country. But what can we do about it? All we can do is watch as the war moves on. My outlook on it all is that it is unnecessary and that it should be stopped in a way that both sides can agree on. The hate and the violence is something nobody should have to experience, and I encourage you all to think this: don't hate. Encourage peace and negotiation. I believe some of my fellow Canadians and perhaps some Americans will be enlightened by this, as many of you faithful readers have been motivated by all of our writings here at Thoughts of G.

PS: I apologize for the long post, but since I haven't written in forever I thought I would make a post that's worth reading.

No comments: