A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

G's Thoughts

I tried to think of a actual topic, but sometimes the mind just can't spawn anything worth discussing. So I'm just gonna talk a little. Just about what's running through my mind right now. Take from it what you will.

I'm not content. There is always a battle of sorts going on in my head. There are so many things that I want, but so many things that I need also. And the state of the world isn't helping. You know how the economy is. It's almost like I can feel some of my dreams slipping away. That juvenile game known as Politics rages on. People bicker and argue about things that should not be on a pedestal. Yeah... this all kinda sucks.

But there are so many good things as well. But the best good things are the ones that are simple. I like to watch the sun rise. A new day. It almost feels like a blissful awakening. Smooth breezes and flowing streams of water. Calmness. I also take time to look away from myself and look at the plight of others, and see how lucky I really am. When you can see the beauty in things where there appears to be none, you are a wise individual.

But there are still things I want to improve. I want to decipher the secrets to genuinely good writing. If people read anything I wrote on this blog and felt some kind of connection, then that would be a victory. A piece of writing is a small thing, but the simplest things can make you the happiest. And who doesn't want to be a better person? At least that's something to strive for.

So we are at a uncertain point in time. Many different things can happen, and the paths can branch off into many different futures. But I still think that there are constants no matter what will happen. We still have to take time to enjoy the simple things in life. We should have goals, and try not to let them be dampened by what is happening around us. If it was my time to leave this world tomorrow, would I be content with myself and what I've done? We have the choice to make the answer to that a "yes".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep on writing! =D

Laurie said...

First I so understand getting writers block. :)
There are times I have so many posts I want to do and have to pick and choose and then it's like the brain is on shut down and I have a dah moment for a day or two.
Second I agree it is so important to remember and enjoy the little things in life, it's pleasures and to have goals.

G. said...

@Anonymous: Yeah I'll try x
@wblmom: I've been getting it more lately. And I even have a giant list of ideas and everything, but when it comes to actually writing the thing I sometimes come up empty. Glad you liked the post.

Unknown said...

Would it be worth it if it came easy?

G. said...

@Buddha: The things that are the easiest to get will never have as much worth as the ones that take the most risk. So yeah, probably not.

X said...

It's the act of getting thoughts into words that is difficult. Thoughts are fluid and undefined, infinitely adaptable; however when you try to force them into concrete words and sentence structures, a lot of the abstracts and infinites are lost: the meaning not completely conveyed.

Such is your job, to try and convey the unconveyable, speak the unspeakable.

Keep writing. You're changing the world.

:)

G. said...

Haha if only I could change things lol. Well... maybe my full meaning can't always be completely conveyed, but people should make their own "meanings" for what they see. We all have different lenses from which we look at the world after all.

And thanks for visiting of course xD.

X said...

And what they see isn't always what you show, but you try. It's this effort that changes the world, your deliberate attempts at portraying thoughts that make people stop and wonder. They too may try as hard as you then, and bit by bit the world changes. Sure not just by you, but because of the collective.

And of course :) Anytime. I'm following this blog so it shows all your new posts.

G. said...

Alpha I think you need to go write a book for self empowerment and make millions lol. It's seeing comments like these that give me that little push to keep going with this ya know. I really do appreciate it.