A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sir's Random Dashes of Inspiration - Lost in the Woods

Sir here with a (very) random story for you guys! Yes, it's very random and yes, it's short and kind of shabby, but there is a point to it.

You know, I just remembered an anecdote where I got lost in the forest…
I told my buddy Julian that I was going for a wild, wild adventure in this forest I knew of, and invited him to come over. After he said yes, I picked up a map, a compass, a first-aid kit, some food and extra clothes, sunglasses and my “Super Extreme Flashlight x200”. I also took a whistle with me, in case I got lost. I’d just whistle 3 times, and Julian would come help me. Well, that was the plan… but I lost the whistle. So I started a fire with my waterproof matches that I bought Sunday morning from the clerk at that convenience store next to the garage where my mum works. Anyways, I started walking around when I thought that if I kept moving they would never find me… So I panicked. Of course, I was very confused and forgot to eat… and set my tent on fire out of frustration. So I called out for my mother, who replied “Carlos, just step outside the rug in your room.” To which I replied “Which one?”
-The ones with little green trees and yellow bunnies and blue grasshoppers that’s inside your room…
So I did!
I just hope that next time I get lost in my bedroom, I’ll remember to take a jetpack with me so I can just fly out.


And now, the moral you've all been reading this incredibly bad text for : Don't start thinking until you start looking first.



And another picture for you guys!

No comments: