A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Friday, March 21, 2008

"Human" by G.

I'm a human. Hopefully you are too. But what does that actually mean? I mean, we are animals like any other. We have basic survival instincts and desires. But we also have a wonderful gift. While we lack the strength of a lion, the wings of a bird, or the speed of a cheetah, we do have this pink colored mass of jelly in our skulls. And it is this organ that gives us the most powerful thing of all; thought. We have the power of imagination and creativity. We can create machines that can do what we are physically incapable of doing, make planes that soar across the skies, even cars that can reach breakneck speeds. In essence, humans have the power to create pretty much anything, and that sets us apart from other animal species. Of course, today's world isn't the perfect utopia that it could be. But the fact is, as human beings, we are special and we have power that we can't even imagine. Maybe one day, society will realize how much time we have wasted fighting each other, and that only when we all come together as one race, the human race, we can use our power to achieve miracles that for now we can only dream of. Sure, this all sounds kinda wishy-washy; I don't believe that we are going to become some perfect utopia or anything. However, I do think that we can all come to a better understanding of the world around us, and the people that inhabit it. So life goes on, people look at the price of gas and get unexplained cases of heartburn, they watch the news and see the comings and goings of our human society. Sometimes its easy to feel almost insignificant, kinda like a single grain of sand on the beach. Just remember that you aren't a tiny grain of sand, you are a human being, and you can do some pretty amazing things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for some reason, reading that just made Brave New World pop into my head, even though I never actually read the whole novel haha