A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Sunday, January 4, 2009

"The Stars" by G.

Once in awhile, I like to go on the news website Reuters, just to see what's happening out there. I find it interesting; a hub of information on major events that span the entire planet. Sometimes the news is glum, sometimes its hopeful. But it gets rather tedious. The constant conflicts, corruption, and mistakes that we humans make. I would like to think that we are all explorers by heart; naturally curious. You know what I wish I could do? Leave the finances, the heartbreak, the stress and worry, leave them all behind; jump on a rocket ship and fly into the dark void that encompasses our planetary home. They say there are two things that never change; death and taxes. True. But I think the unknown should also never change; that it should never cease to amaze us. I still look up at the stars sometimes with the same awe and wonderment as I did as a little kid. The sky above promises knowledge, adventure, and a peek into the secrets of the universe. All the news on Reuters pales in comparison to the blazing hot Sun or the cold black blanket that's lined with far-away stars. Maybe most of us will never get to go up there for ourselves, but just seeing the night sky is a comforting constant that I constantly draw inspiration from. Change is inevitable; the news is different with each day. But exploring, searching, learning; these are things that ought to always stay the same. A toast to all the explorers, inventors, and those who chose to go beyond; they hold the Olympic flame of humanity.

No comments: