A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Revive" by G.

It's a diverse world man. Different people, with different jobs, different work, different backgrounds. But some things remains the same; stress, worry, and just being deathly tired. Some people wake up like a jack-in-the-box with the Energizer Bunny's caffeinated blood running the five minute mile through their veins. Oh, how I envy them. We mere mortals must pump ourselves full of coffee or soda or whatever it is that gets you through the morning. But those people, they are already at the table with their glass of orange juice and their newspaper with a smile as big as the rising sun, while we are struggling to drag our sorry hide out of our beds, cots, the ground, or my cardboard box house. Damn. But I'm drifting from my focus here; let's get back to it.

The human body can only take so much. Stress, bad nutrition, a punch to the face; whatever. It seems like we never get any time to recover from the constant mental and physical assault that many of us subject ourselves to. But I can't deny it any longer, if we don't attempt to revive ourselves once in awhile, the consequences are extremely detrimental. Remember, nothing is worth sacrificing your physical and mental health completely and utterly. I don't care how important you think it is. Health and our general well being branches into many aspects of our lives whether we like it or not. But many people, myself included, tend to neglect these things, because of all the other stuff we have to worry about. To take on our challenges, we ought to be in optimal form. Walking around like a drugged zombie on PCP is not the best state to be in, being the upstanding citizen that I'm sure you are.

So this is just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood random once-in-a-while blogging person. Take care of yourself. The things that seem to be minor troubles can easily manifest into bigger problems that you will have a harder time fighting off. It's not just physical health. It's happiness, how content you are, whether your happy with your life thus far. Don't think that the answers to these questions will miraculously appear; you need to address them. But take time to think, to take care of your mind and body, and to revive yourself. Today I broke a glass and realized how tired and shaky I was. Don't let yourself find that out when you fall asleep at the wheel, go blank on that big test, or get injured while playing a sport. We all have our work, we all have our goals; many of us work very hard and pour much time and energy into what we do. But your well being supersedes any of that. Just take some time for yourself, and revive; you won't regret it.

No comments: