A not very timely note

This was a blog I once wrote during my high school and early college years. I keep it around for nostalgic purposes, but it is quite obviously no longer updated. I am looking to make a more professional blog presence in the future, but I still like to look at where I was mentally at certain points in time.

- G. Jan 2013

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sir's Random Dashes of Inspiration - The Ways of Life

Hey there! Sir here, with the first of my weekly "Random Dashes of Inspiration"!
From now on, as you know, each Monday, I will post something I came up with. It might be a poem, a story, an opinion, pretty much anything. From time to time, I'll also whip out a random image I've created, just for you guys. Feel free to comment on my posts, images or anything, feedback is always appreciated!

Anyways, today's inspirational torrent is a little poem I wrote a while back.

I named it "The Ways of Life"

Sometimes, it's cruel.
Sometimes, it's good.
You might think it's just a duel
between your will and your mood.

Guess what? It really isn't at all.
It's more like a kid toying with us,
like he toys with a ball
which all around the place, he likes to toss

Life... What a joke!
Sometimes, it makes you feel good.
Sometimes, it makes you feel like a worthless bloke.
Life is never to be understood.

What were you thinking?
Were you thinking about a good life?
Keep dreaming...
Or you can pursue that dream, without strife!

You might just fulfill it, you know?
Some people manage to...
They're not that rare, though.
Just keep on trying, you!

Someday, you shall find love.
Someday, you shall find fortune.
That day, salvation will fit you like a glove.
That day, gloom will feel like an old mistune.

Who knows, maybe happiness does exist?
Maybe there is a key to a happy being?
Your loneliness isn't to be missed.
Come on, help your soul to a happy feeling!

Also, a first image!
You can save it if you really want to, I don't mind.

See you on next monday!

No comments: